For immediate release – 1/9/2014 - #170
LC Hornet Club Continues to Improve Athletic Program
LYNCHBURG, VA – The Lynchburg College Hornet Club has continued to raise impressive totals for the benefit of the entire LC athletic program.
Over the last eight years, the Hornet Club has raised and donated approximately $241,700, roughly $30,000 each year. In addition to aiding individual varsity athletic teams, athletic training and sports information areas have also been supported.
Within the last calendar year, the Hornet Club has been able to purchase:
- Men's and women's soccer practice goals
- Softball batting cage netting, outfield windscreen and backstop netting
- Baseball padding for brick backstop
- Cheerleading mascot uniform
- ODAC Championship plaques for men's indoor and outdoor track and field, women's soccer and field hockey
- Men's lacrosse stick heads and stringing kits
- Softball field tarp with cover
- Baseball windscreen with Fox Field logo
"We are striving to keep within the purpose of the Hornet Club," said Hornet Club director George Grzenda. "We have been able to do that because of the outstanding support from our alumni, parents and friends of the college."
"The student-athletes appreciate what we have been able to give their programs in improving facilities, practice equipment and support of their championship seasons by providing plaques for all our conference champions."
"The Hornet Club has enhanced our athletic program to keep up with the high standards that our student-athletes and coaches have strived for. We hope to continue that support to help maintain the excellence our teams are accustomed to."
For more information on the Hornet Club or to make a donation to help LC athletics, please visit: http://athletics.lynchburg.edu/information/hornetclub.